The Old Stone House Building is a reconstruction of the 1699 Vechte-Cortelyou House. Located in Washington Park, on the border of Park Slope and Gowanus in Brooklyn, it marks the place where the original Dutch farmstead stood and the culminating engagement of the 1776 Battle of Brooklyn took place. It also commemorates the birthplace of the Brooklyn Dodgers. It is a Historic House Trust of New York City site, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Old Stone House & Washington Park is dedicated to preserving and teaching local and national history as it has impacted our historically significant Brooklyn neighborhood.